We tried last night to put N. to sleep. We read stories. We cuddled. We sang songs. We sat in A. and N.'s room. N. didn't sleep. Eventually we decided to leave A. and N. alone to fall asleep. "I don't want you to go," came N.'s little voice from under his covers. "Don't go!". But it was late, and we went.
N. came creeping downstairs. I put him back to bed. He came again. Daddy put him back to bed. He came again. He couldn't stop crying. I took him upstairs and held him, asked him what was the matter. Fingers in his mouth, he mumbled something. I took his fingers out of his mouth and asked him to tell me again.
"My heart is breaking" said N.
Needless to say I stayed with him until he fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It doesn't take much to break a tiny heart. But this story nearly broke my big old ticker.
ReplyDelete